The International DUBLIN Literary Award is worth €100,000 to the winner and is the world’s most valuable annual literary award for a single work of fiction published in English. The award was launched on 7th April 1995 and is now in its 22nd year.
The shortlisted titles are:
1. A General Theory of Oblivion by José Eduardo Agualusa (Angolan) Translated from the Portuguese by Daniel Hahn.
2. Confession of the Lioness by Mia Couto (Mozambican) Translated from the Portuguese by David Brookshaw .
3. The Green Road by Anne Enright (Irish )
4. The Prophets of Eternal Fjord by Kim Leine (Danish/Norwegian) Translated from the Danish by Martin Aitken .
5. The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli (Mexican) Translated from the Spanish by Christina MacSweeney.
6. The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen (Vietnamese/American) First novel.
7. Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta (Nigerian-American) First novel.
8. A Strangeness in My Mind by Orhan Pamuk (Turkish) Translated from the Turkish by Ekin Oklap .
9. A Whole Life by Robert Seethaler (Austrian) Translated from the German by
Charlotte Collins .
10. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (American)
Congratulations again to Chinelo Okparanta. You are going places, guurrrllllll!!! 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃